Born and raised in Madison, MS, Richard moved to Birmingham to attend law school and has primarily practiced Criminal Defense and Domestic Relations since he began practicing law.
- Attended law school at Southern Cross University in Lismore, New South Wales, Australia – LLB.
- Attended law school at College of Law in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia for admission as a solicitor at law.
- Graduated with a Bachelors and Masters degree from the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Graduated from Birmingham School of Law.
Memberships and Licenses
- Member of the Shelby County Bar Association.
- Member of the Birmingham Bar Association.
- Licensed to practice law as a solicitor in Queensland, Australia.
- Licensed by Supreme Court of Alabama.
- Licensed in the US District Court Northern District of Alabama.
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia.
- Admitted to the High Court as a barrister and solicitor in the High Court of New Zealand.
- Accredited Duty Lawyer – Legal Aid Queensland, Australia
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem.
- Represented clients before every level of the state courts of Alabama up to and including the Supreme Court of Alabama.
- Recognized by his peers in the Birmingham Magazine in 2013.
- Recognized by his peers in the Birmingham Magazine as Top Criminal Defense Lawyer 2013 and 2014.
- Recognized by his peers in the Birmingham Magazine as Top Domestic Relations Law 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Recognized in B-Metro as Top Domestic Relations Lawyer 2015 and 2016.
- Appeared in nearly every court in the State of Alabama in both criminal defense and domestic relations matters.
- Represented numerous (hundreds) of clients in various Courts in Australia – Magistrates Court, District Court, and Supreme Court in criminal matters – sex crimes, drug crimes, etc. Successfully tried sex crimes cases, as well as cases involving domestic violence charges. Appeared before the Federal District Court in cases involving domestic relations matters.